Accent your holiday dinner table with this delicious holiday recipe. These fire-roasted potatoes are ideal for making at the campground in your firepit or at home for this holiday season. So, whether you’re planning to spend your holiday at home or relaxing at your favorite campground, this side-dish is a must-have this season.
- 6-8 baby red potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard — I recommend using the whole grain Dijon mustard because it adds a lovely crunch.
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Thoroughly wash all the potatoes and cut them into wedges.
- In a large bowl, add the olive oil, mustard, honey, paprika, and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Add the potatoes and toss until completely coated.
- Make 2-4 packets from the heavy-duty aluminum foil and add the potatoes to the packets. Seal completely by rolling the edges of the foil over each other and pinching tightly.
- After letting your fire burn all day, spread out the logs and set the packets of potatoes directly onto the coals.
- Allow the potatoes to cook for 10-15 minutes, and then flip the packets. Be sure to use tongs when handling the aluminum foil because they will be extremely hot.
- Cook for another 10-12 minutes and check for tenderness. If the potatoes are browned and tender, they are ready to serve.
No matter where you find yourself this holiday season, we hope your time is filled with joy and the ones you love. At Folsom Lake RV Center, we want to help you make memories with your family that will last a lifetime. Browse our inventory of new RVs for sale and find an RV that will help you travel the country. Many National Parks are still open, with safety regulations in place. Give your family the gift of adventure this year! Contact us for more information.